Severe Weather Links
To add a link, e-mail Vortex100.
- Storm Chasing:
Everyone should print out a copy of this very important information about storm chasing safety, courtesy and responsibility before heading out on the road. Definite words to chase by from an expert in this field -- Chuck Doswell.
- Storm Chaser Homepage: Can't find what you want on my web page? Look here for more information!
- Storm Prediction Center: Home page for the NOAA's SPC and the information they provide.
- Current Watches & Warnings: Current weather watches and warnings from Texas A & M University.
- Mid-South Weather Team: Severe weather forecasts for the mid-south region and the nation, plus lots of extras. I am an occasional contributor to the "National Severe Weather Center" page.
- The National Severe Storms Laboratory: Useful information about severe weather from this government laboratory that specializes in the study of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes.
- Tornadochasing.com: A commerical site that sells severe weather videos and t-shirts, but also has a free "Picture of the Week" and education for storm enthusiasts.
- Silver Lining Tours: Professional storm chasing tours. Join David Gold and Bill Gargan as they chase the big ones across the plains!
- Storm Chaser: Home page for Warren Faidley, the world's ultimate "storm chaser" and professional weather photographer.
- NWS Difax Charts: For those who don't want their maps colorized. In .jpg and .gif formats!
- Ohio State University Meteorology: NCEP weather models, weather data, discussions, etc.
- Unisys Weather Processor: All the important weather models and data in a nice visual format.
- HamWx: Information for those chasers who use ham radios to keep in touch with the weather and each other.
- The Tornado SafetyNet: Learn about tornado safety. Features DeathWATCH!
- StormTrack Online: Online magazine just for storm chasers!
- Storm Chasing Weathervine: Another online magazine just for storm chasers!
- The Tornado Project Online: Get the latest statistics and facts on tornadoes around the world.
- APR Weather: Much severe weather information and it even has its own severe weather computer model!
- Kansas Tornado Chasers: Great web site for any chasers, not just those in Kansas.
- Tornado Scapes: Original drawings of tornadoes, including some nice abstract art.
- Severewx.com: A severe weather website containing chase reports, a photo galley and a weather store, among other great features!
- The Brisbane Storm Chasers:
Severe storm chasing from "down under." Yes, they have severe weather and chasers in Australia too!
Multi-community Environmental Storm Observatory -- A group that chases storm, but also works with communities to inform them about severe weather and public safety.
- Isanti County Weather Observatory: General weather and severe weather information
from east-central Minnesota.
- Arkansas Weather Watcher Homepage: See chaser Scott Blair's terrific photo gallery and read his interesting storm chase accounts.
- Severe Storms Online Meteorology Guide: A beginner's guide to severe weather
from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- The Tornado Page: Alan Switzer's page has some very nice photographs of severe storms and tornadoes, including damage from when his own home was hit on May 3, 1999!
- Chasers Mobilicious: A very well-made web site with mobile technology news and reviews for storm chasers.
- Illinois Severe Weather Connection: Troy Christensen's fine severe weather website, including his outlook for severe weather in the region around Illinois.
- Incredible Weather: An interactive and well-designed website on severe weather from French Canada (Quebec).
- Severe Weather Outlook: A specialized 3-Day graphical severe weather outlook for the Midwest region of the U.S.
- Illinois Chasers of Adverse and Severe Weather: Severe weather site for chasers in Illinois.
- 1Tropics: Weather information concerning tropical storms in the Atlantic, including satellite pictures and radar.